Throughout the course, different themes related to the formulation and development of symbolisms as it relates to personality, sexuality, and gender are identified. By outlining these specific subjects, participants are able to acquaint themselves with the current conditions shaping todays society and takes into account the behavioral (both innate and apparent) aspects that people have shown in response to these. Taking into account these apparent realities, it is then crucial to apply the inputs gained from the readings and create better means not only to understand what motivates these specific activities but also to recognize how these dynamics can infuse better means for consolidating the realm that shapes oppression and how this can act as a continuum as it transcends to the individual towards the social realm.

Analyzing my perspective towards concerning the increasing diversity of race within the community, it can be seen that I belong in the category towards recognizing but no action category. Though it can be seen that apparent changes are happening in the community wherein there is a continued acculturation of different ideals and principles, I do not see myself associating deeply within this realm. Here, it can be argued that I may always be pre-occupied with my own personal endeavors that I do not seem to respond to these changes accordingly and remains to be passive with the existing norms surrounding homophobia or other related prejudicial aspects of race. Though I may sometimes condone this mindset, I do not necessarily react in such manner that would categorize preventive actions to such behaviors.

On the other hand, relating my personal perspective in the aspect of sexual orientation, I remain to be open and seeking to further my understanding of how people react and act to the environment they are in. Here, I can actively categorize myself as increasing my knowledge and skills concerning homosexuality. Though numerous instruments (e.g. media, associations, and relationships) have been used to characterize these realities, I still feel the need to explore possibilities in understanding the realm of sexual orientation as it relates to people and the institutions and community that they are in. Here, I seek to further develop new patterns wherein I can utilize and maximize opinions and address these processes as it relates to enhancing my grasp of what impact do these apparent changes are to perceptions and the idea of discrimination as it prevails in numerous areas within the social and personal environment.

Lastly, on the part of gender, I still consider myself to be a part of educating and recognizing the transcendence of roles between masculinity and femininity. Through the course, I was able to examine how these evolving patterns of behavior have resulted in the ability to shift from common perceptions and generate new inputs towards expectations and roles on what it entails to be masculine and feminine. Here, individual behavior then becomes a response to the continuously changing environment of the workplace, school, family, etc. Alongside these transformations, it also equips a certain impact in the way people behave and respond to these elements accordingly. Due to this, I feel the need to expand more on my understanding to effectively ascertain what differentiates one from another and what paths do they diverge altogether.

Seeing this, the course indeed offered new insights in outlining what areas I still need to improve on. It provided a critical reflection of how oppression can indeed be manifested and how underlying factors may also be a catalyst for its continued promotion. In essence, I then felt guilty becoming part of this overall system or somewhat contributed to it. During the time, I neither understood that these remain to be a continued cycle and a norm that all people follow. However, whatever justification I might have for its continuity, there is indeed a process that can help overcome these limitations and justify the path towards the ideal of initiating and preventing. Here, it became apparent that a simple gesture of discriminative tone or using abusive remarks towards others can indeed spell out a relatively prejudicial claim are indeed manifestations of the prevalent problem within the community and society I live in.

Seeing this, the process of change remains difficult to address and achieve. I do believe that as an individual, I need to expand on my educational capabilities in order to establish better means of responding to these realm of oppression. Being considered in the educational self under the oppression action continuum is not enough. Though it may be essential that I learn the dynamics associated in how behavior is shaped by perceptions towards race, sexual orientation and gender, there needs to be considerable attention given towards how one can overcome this. Becoming educated is only one step towards progress. To fully utilize it, people need to consider examining new means of bridging these gaps altogether.

In the end, I seek to expand my skills related to leisure management and development, these areas come into the picture and help examine how it can be prevented and alleviated. By recognizing these new trends accordingly and embracing the opportunities brought about by diversity, this can be the initial step towards recognizing not only potentials for development but also the ability to increase competitiveness and overcome oppression and its related facets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment